julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Right Hand Red - Danni Keane Yes! This! This is a story I'd love to be able to stand somewhere high and shout to people that THIS is how you do childhood friends-to-lovers in a short story/novella! It was brilliant and honest and believable, and so, so good!

I loved that we weren't just told how close Felix and Beanie are as children, we're shown it. Spectacularly well. From Ben seeing things in Felix that nobody else bothers to, to Felix only being willing to talk to Ben about Bob, to Felix always, always choosing Ben over anything else, their friendship was clear and lovely.

Then, add Twister and Aladdin, two of my favorite childhood memories, to a brilliant example of my favorite trope and I've found not only my new favorite LHNB story, but possibly my new favorite friends-to-lovers short story ever!

Favorite Quote:
"Beanie?"
"Yeah?"
"You won't turn to goo will you?"
I grinned. "No."