julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Guarding Morgan (Sanctuary, #1) - R.J. Scott I was disappointed by this one. It had such a fun premise, and had a lot of potential, but it just didn't click for me.

The book is short, first of all, so there's not a lot of room for character development. Perhaps that's why I never really understood what these two men saw in each other. It seemed like the only thing that brought them together at the cabin was proximity and boredom... and the fact that Morgan is apparently Nik's type. We don't ever see them discussing anything personal or really getting to know each other. Even after their relationship turns physical, it's all either swimming or sitting silently while one draws and the other reads or having sex.

So by the end, I wasn't really invested in having their relationship work out. I wanted to root for them, I really did, but I just hadn't been sold on their sudden claims of love after the bits of their relationship I was shown.