julesmarie

Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Crow and Firefly - Sam C. Leonhard 3.5 stars

Interesting take on shifters, parts of which fascinate me and parts of which freak me out a little.

Ari was indeed a fun character, and seeing him shift into so many different forms was fascinating. I also enjoyed that there were consequences to shifting--that he needed to eat and rest extra after each shift.

I think the thing about this new take on shifter lore that made me the saddest was that as soon as their eyes changed they couldn't even kiss an ordinary person anymore. So sad!

I can't give more than 3.5 stars for this because of the scene at the end where Ari turns into a cat. SO disturbing! I mean, I like cats--a lot. But I don't LIKE cats.... I suppose on some level Ari shifting to a cat so Dagur would feel more comfortable was sweet and considerate. On all other levels, though, for me it was just weird.