julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Fairy Tale Princes and Other Nightmares - Elfflame So, I adore fairy tales. I really love m/m retellings of fairy tales. So combining m/m fairy tales with Drarry just made me like giddy happy. This was fantastically fun to read.

The story starts with Draco showing up at Harry's house to accuse him of cursing the wand he just returned. Draco's been having nightmares every night for the week he's had the wand back and wants to blame them on Harry.

Harry asks Draco to tell him what the nightmares are about. Rather like Scheherazade, each chapter is a new fairy tale, only these are all dreams that Draco has had about himself and Harry. Real-life Draco and Harry chat for a bit at the end of each chapter, and we can see the effect that the fairy tales have on both of them.

Very, very sweet story. And so, so much fun to read! Entirely unrealistic, but to me that's half the point of fairy tales. :D

Favorite Quote:
Draco tried to fall back into his normal patterns, but for some reason, he couldn't recall what they were. The few he could remember no longer felt right. Like he didn't fit.