julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Catch Me a Catch - giselleslash Interesting story. I suppose I'd not paid much attention and so hadn't noticed that this is labeled both m/f and m/m. So the m/f relationship was just a delightful bonus.

Elena and Arthur's families have been friends since they were little, and they're now being pressured by their fathers to get married. Elena's willing, if only to please her father, but worried Arthur's not as up for it so she comes to Merlin--a magical matchmaker--for help.

Because of this, Merlin meets Arthur and Elena meets Merlin's food-mooching shirtless neighbor Gawain. Stubbornness and adorableness ensue with some lovely angst along the way. I was glad that the m/f relationship wasn't as central as the m/m, especially since I wasn't anticipating the lady parts, but getting to have two lovely HEA's for the price of one was delightful.

Favorite Quotes:
"For a matchmaker, you're awfully curmudgeony."

"I should have just asked for directions, or turned my sat nav on but I bloody hate that thing and the way it orders you about all condescending just because it knows where it is."

He knew there would be a hundred things they'd argue about, but a thousand more that they'd agree on down to their cores. And all Merlin wanted to do in that moment was press his face into Arthur's neck and breathe in all of those hundred, thousand, million things.

"You know, there's something incredibly naively innocent and sweet about what Merlin does, and that there are people that believe and hope in love and magic enough to allow him to help them."

"Lying here beside you," Merlin's voice broke their quiet, "not saying anything at all is the closest to home I've ever felt."