julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Say Something - onrooftops A Sterek fanfic set just after the end of season 2 of the show.

This is certainly much more the emo version of Stiles from the end of season 2 than in any other story I've yet read. But that just served to make Derek's influence on him--calming him down and helping him sleep--just that much more endearing.

I enjoyed how much Sheriff Stilinski is in this one. I'm always a sucker for those delightfully awkward introduce-the-werewolf-boyfriend-to-the-dad scenes, and the ones in this story were lovely.

I really liked getting to see Stiles deal with lying to his dad vs. sharing secrets that aren't really his to share. I loved how supportive Scott and Derek were in this whole process.

I think my favorite thing I how strong Stiles is here. While he's still the same fantastically adorable goof-ball, he also shows that he's so much more.

His reluctance to let Derek say anything hinting at ownership was beautifully justified in him saying that he wants to own himself. It goes along perfectly with Stiles not wanting to become a werewolf in spite of the fact that like 85% of the people he hangs out with now are werewolves. How he says he loves himself too much to want to give up who he is. Lovely seeing that side of him.

Nice story, very sweet.

Favorite Quotes:
There are no superpowers for the geeky, wrong-footed, awkward kid, no cape for the Robin. This isn't Harry Potter. Stiles won't ever be able to fix everything; it will all continue to be wrong.

But then, he's never turned into an animal, so he's got something on almost everyone else in his life at the moment.

"I mean, he died and then came back to life so obviously he's got a bit of a problem with letting things go."

"And the way you stretch, as if you think you can wake yourself up by making yourself bigger for a second."

Nice and weird, but more nice.

"Maybe I just really like having you here because when things go bump in the night I can sic my werewolf on them?"

"But it honestly doesn't seem exactly like the right way to go about a stealthy takeover. Sort of leaves the stealth out of it."

"Stiles. You say you love him. I'm not going to let him out of my sight ever again."

"So we don't need to think of what tomorrow or next year will bring for us, not really, not now, because we know that in tomorrow and next year there will still be an us."

You can come over whenever, as long as you use the front door.

Tough bargain, the werewolf texts back, We'll see if I can get my creeper tendencies under control

He sounds resigned and weirdly content, as if now he has two people to harangue and that is much better than one.