julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Foundations - Sara's Girl I feel like this took me forever to plow through. It was still well-written, it just no longer felt like a Drarry story to me.

It's possible it's just my thing with established-couples stories. It's possible it's my thing with kids in m/m, it's possible it's that I found the whole Romilda story line just hugely depressing. This just wasn't for me.

Favorite Quotes:
this is conflict Malfoy-style: cool, calm and serrated.

Silently, Harry adds another moment to his gallery of surreal, and drains his coffee.

"How is it possible for the whole world to turn upside down in the space of three months?"

Harry's soft laughter catches in his chest. He turns and presses his face into the shoulder of Draco's sable-coloured sweater. "I don't know. If there's a God, he's really taking the piss."

but absolutely zero chance of stealth peacock attacks.

Harry does scowl this time, flinging his arms out for emphasis. "I'm not! It's not paranoia if the peacock really has got it in for you!"

Draco smiles slowly, unruffled by Harry's frustration. "Have you ever considered that perhaps it's just a particularly misanthropic peacock?" Pushing off the pillar, he flashes Harry a brilliant, bright smile that stops him in his tracks. "Really, you're personalising this. You're worse than a patient."

grinning like an idiot because Narcissa Malfoy had told him that she returned his grateful handbag

Harry supposes that unexpected, non-consensual crossdressing is amusing on many levels.

you can't make a judgement when all you can see is guilt.

"Don't interrupt," he complains. "If you do, you remind me that it's just a story."