julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Chains of Earth - dysonrules So, I stumbled on this fic the other day when I ran across this image on Emily Fay's DeviantArt page. Grr... still can't get images to work, so I'm just putting the link to the DA page. /sigh

I followed the links back to dysonrules's livejournal and immediately was hooked.

The originality of so many of the ideas here is what impressed me the most. Not just the wings. (Although they were my favorite part of this fic...) There were quite a few elements in the plot here that I'd not seen before. I'm not sure how much I liked some of them, but I definitely have to give points for originality.

I also really liked that each chapter started with a quote about flying. Very fun.

3.5 stars, rounded up for all of the beautiful images!

Favorite Quotes:
Draco flexed his wings and set about learning to fly.

"And how is thinking like a Slytherin going to help us now, oh Slithery One?"

"He lives to make me feel like an inferior arse. He despises my friends; he's continuously insulting; hes--"
"Astoundingly gorgeous, is just your type, is not ever going to be blinded by your name, and will never be boring."

"In our dreams we are able to fly...
and that is a remembering
of how we were meant to be.
--Madeline L'Engle"

"He would kill me and I don't mean that figuratively. I mean gruesomely and with relish."
"I hope you mean the relish figuratively."

"When once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been,
and there you will always long to return.
--Douglas Adams"

Weasley sighed. "I'm starting to think none of us deserves anyone. Maybe we just have to do the best we can and hope they put up with us."

He took them upward again, delighting in Harry's love of flight and, frankly, Harry's love in general.