julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Leopardspaw - Lomonaaeren This is the first Drarry fic I've yet discovered in which Harry is the aggressor in pursuing a relationship. His reaction to being able to see when others are lying is to stop hiding or avoiding telling the truth himself.

It was delightful to watch these two dance around each other. Harry especially (and both he and Draco acknowledge it in the story, which was interesting) is nothing like the boy he was in cannon. He doesn't hesitate to tell Draco exactly what he's thinking or feeling, and it drives Draco crazy not being able to tell if Harry's sincere or not.

I thought Harry's moral relativism here was equally as fascinating as the story. And the explanation for how he turned from the boy he was into the man he is in this fic was absolutely plausible, and fun to see explored.

3.5 stars

Favorite Quotes:
"I begin to wish for your ability," Malfoy murmured. "Not only could I have conduced this investigation on my own recognizance, I could know how much of your preoccupation with my arse is real."

Kingsley, he knew, hated it when he showed up the stupidity of the other Aurors, which Harry thought was an excellent reason not to hire stupid people to be Aurors.

Malfoy stood there for a few seconds, breathing in and out, in and out, in a way that Harry recognized from when Hermione was tired of dealing with him. Harry sighed and leaned back against the bookshelves. The only thing he could do with someone who found him so tiring was wait until they had some of their energy back.

Sometimes he thought the universe was difficult just to fuck with him.