julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Hard Ride (Love is Always Write) - Danni Keane I was unsure what to expect from this one, given the picture and the prompt. I was afraid it might be... well, it could've been REALLY bad. So I was delighted to find myself reading a sweet, fast-paced story that left me smiling.

I know other reviewers thought the relationship progressed too quickly and was too much off-page to be believable, but I didn't feel that. I totally bought Nick's attraction for Sam, and I loved the little things like how confused he was by the wink Sam sent him and how excited he'd get when Sam called.

The daughter thing threw me at first, but it totally makes sense that Sam, having seen it from the other side, would want to help Nick. And by the end, I'm glad Nick saw it that way too and that everything worked out.

This was fun and sweet and sexy and I really did finish it with a big sappy grin. 3.5 stars rounded up for being free.