julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
A Competitive Edge - Adara O’Hare This was great fun! Hot athletes, rivals-to-lovers theme, and hilariously-toned Harry Potter references... what could be better?

I actually really did like the development of the relationship between Fleury and Heath, and I think Fleury got rather a bad rap by some other reviewers. I don't think that liking to look at hot men qualifies him as a slut. To me there was a difference in the way Fleury looked at guys like Drew (TOTALLY loved him, btw!) and the way he looked at (and thought about) Heath. And it was fun watching them go from stolen glances to innuendo to outright provoking.

I also really liked Fleury's voice. I thought he had just the right balance of snark and sincerity.

I do wish I could have gotten to know Heath a little more, though. Even at the end when he tells Fleury a little more about his family situation, I still feel like so much of him is a mystery still.

One of my favorite things: the Fleur/Bill reference at the end. It might be silly, but connecting the two couples like that brings this up from feeling like a HFN and gives me hope these two will make it long-term.

3.5 stars, rounded up for being free.