julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Star Struck - FayJay So this confession might enable me to steal Jared's claim and say "I am the dorkiest dork that ever dorked," but I totally loved the movie Notting Hill.

And I absolutely ADORED the other work I've read by this author: [b:The Student Prince|11875749|The Student Prince|FayJay|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340870664s/11875749.jpg|16833609].

So getting to read a retelling of that movie by this author... I was so excited! Perhaps my hopes were too high, because something about it just didn't hook me the way I'd thought it would.

It was still fun to read, just nowhere near as fun as I'd expected.

Favorite Quotes:
"Fucking Twilight," mutters Katie, apropos of nothing. Jared nods, because it's always a valid sentiment.

"You're even hotter in person," he says, and then realises with horror that, yes, that was his outside voice.

"I am the dorkiest dork that ever dorked," he mutters to himself as he strides out of the suite. "I am the gayest dorkiest gay dork that ever dorked gaily."

And yeah, okay, he may have a point--but Jared's still too much in a Hulk Smash place

"I think you may be my kryptonite."