julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Human Frailties - Jaye McKenna This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the transition from the contemporary to the fantasy settings, it made the fantasy world just that much more interesting for some reason.

I enjoyed Tor's character, and really felt for him and how lonely he was at the start. Experiencing the world he got taken to through his eyes was fun.

I can't help wishing that the leythe were a little better explained. Because it was mentioned with the Void a few times, and because it's similar to Lethe, I kept picturing it as a mystical river of energy or w/e, but then there was mention of the matrix and the weaving of it and things that made that visual not work. And I'm still not clear what exactly the blocks of leythe and Tor himself were... stored up mystical energy? And if Ash taught humans to access the leythe, shouldn't everyone have the capability of becoming leythari? And what determines one's strength as a leytharo?

Anyway, obviously I was completely engrossed in the story if I want to know so much more about the world. It was fun and fascinating, and I hope there's more to come!

3.5 stars, rounded up for being free

Favorite Quote:
"Why do you always call me that?"
Ash frowned. "Human? It is what you are."
"Right, but... I don't call you Asshole. I have a name you know."