julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Epimeliad - Adara O’Hare So very much fun. A story that combines a mysterious empathic link between soon-to-be-lovers, Greek mythology, and a superhero-like story line just hits so many of my "I'm such a nerd, but I love this!" buttons.

I was sucked in right from the start when we're first introduced to the "team" of nymphs and what each of their powers are. Having Cyd and May be dealing with suddenly discovering they can feel what the other is feeling during these introductions added an extra level of fascination for me, as empathic/telepathic abilities are one of my favorite abilities to see get played around with in books and movies.

And the story didn't disappoint. We're just as unsure as the team is what they're there to be training for. We just get to watch them train. And I thought that was great good fun. Having little Argo be the one they get sent against when they need a challenge was entertaining.

The end perhaps felt a little rushed, and the climax was slightly anti-climactic, but the story as a whole was still just really fun to read. And, yes, I was able to guess a few of the surprises before they were revealed, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment of the overall story.

This felt, perhaps, like it might possibly be the set-up for a series or a longer work, and I'd love to get to read more!

Favorite Quote:
"You are gentility and sweetness and innocence.... You believe the best in everyone and everything... You are my heart and my home, and I love you."