julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Dangers of Fairy Compacts (Love is Always Write) - Katey Hawthorne I thoroughly enjoyed this story! I loved that there were elements that I'd not ever seen before:
--magic has a smell, and every magical being has a unique scent to their magic
--the feelers on the ends of Aeron's wings that help him detect scents

I also loved the way elements I'd seen before were described or handled in delightful new ways:
--Aeron's wings
--Aeron helping Tam communicate more effectively with the trees
--the bonding spell, and how they'd been hearing each others' voices in their heads for the past 20 years
--Tam's fear that the bonding spell somehow took away Aeron's free will
--Aeron's vegetarianism, and how he refers to animals in food as corpses or carcass--I do the same thing, so it cracked me up!

LOVED all of those things. I loved feeling like I was in a world that felt fresh and new and exciting and that I'd not been there before.

While it was fascinating that so much attention was given to how things smelled, I wish more attention were given to how things looked. I wish I were able to picture what Tam's house looked like, or what the forest looked like. The only place that I have even a vague idea of is Kamala's house and the "room made of books." I LOVED how that was described.

Overall, I loved this story, and I'm excited by the hints that there will be more of Tam and Aeron in the future!