julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Life as a Fairy Thrall - Katey Hawthorne I totally fell in love with both Tam and Aeron in The Dangers of Fairy Compacts, and it was delightful to get to spend some more time with them. I loved so many things about this story!

I enjoyed that much of it was spent in Faerie. Ms. Hawthorne's descriptions of that world were beautiful and spectacularly vivid, and I felt the oddest sense of being homesick for a place I'd never been. I especially loved that we got to see that world through Tam's eyes. Even though he's been there a few times, he still sees it as an outsider and therefore described it perfectly to another outsider.

I also enjoyed getting to see the strength of the relationship between Tam and Aeron. Even after their bond is broken, they both still work wonderfully hard at letting the other know that they still value their relationship. I also enjoyed the addition of Firez and the interesting effects that he had on their relationship.

I think my favorite thing was the end. Yes, I agree it's horrible to end the book on a cliffhanger like that, but even for Aeron to make that offer was just so incredibly romantic. It was beautiful!

I love this world and these characters. This was a delightful addition to the series, and I can't wait for the next one!