julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Zombie Wonderland - Piper Vaughn This may be the most fascinating m/m novella I've read in a while. It's for sure the best Christmas-Eve-finding-romance-during-a-zombie-apocalypse book I've ever read.

The zombie parts were vivid and graphic and horrific and fantastically well done. The descriptions of everything were detailed, but just as it got to the point where I wanted to shut my eyes and say "eew, no more!" the story moved on and action happened or romance happened, and it was all great fun.

Ross was a fascinating character. He's one I'm pretty sure I wouldn't approve of as the love interest for any MC in any setting other than this one. But who would you rather have with you during the zombie apocalypse than a guy with a fortress stockpiled with enough food and weapons to keep you safe for years to come? He's so sweet to Emery, and so good for him, too: patient when he needs to be and pushy when their lives depend on it. Like I said, he's fascinating.

I thought this story was great fun. I might make it a Christmas tradition to re-read, kind of like some people do with A Christmas Carol. ;)