julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Charlie Factor - Diana DeRicci I think I made a mistake reading the prequel Glitter first. In that book, we see Gregory heart-broken over the end of his relationship with Rachel. So heartbroken that he moves halfway across the country so he can distance himself from her and her new boyfriend.

Having read that, it made it difficult for me to credit the many times in this book where we're told that Gregory has never been so hurt as he is/can be by Charlie.

I loved the development of their relationship. I LOVED how patient and kind and sweet they both were with each other and their different hang-ups about the relationship. If the book could have ended before Charlie's last fall when things got just crazy angsty and over-the-top emotional, it would have been a definite 5-star read for me.

The last part just seemed to drag on and on as Greg tries to get Charlie to talk to him, but Charlie's too busy pouting. I was so put off by how long that seemed to drag on that even when they finally got back together I almost didn't care. I wanted to be back down watching RJ and Laurence and Josh at the wedding reception party instead of up in the room with the depressing angst boys.

I'm excited to read RJ's story, though, and see if maybe I can be less frustrated with Charlie as the series continues.