julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
A Brush of Wings - Diana Copland, Roland Graeme, Matthew Vandrew, R.J. Scott, Sarah Ann Watts, Anne Regan, Jana Denardo, Mary Calmes, H.J. Brues, Taylor Lochland, Patric Michael, Réve Garrison, S. Blaise, Cornelia Grey, Zahra Owens, Clare London Some of the stories were excellent, but as an anthology, I had a really hard time getting through this one. I appreciate the attempt to include other cultures and belief systems into the guardian spirits and heavenly beings pantheon, but those stories seemed the most forced and contrived to me, like they were trying so hard to twist the story so it would fit into this anthology that they sacrificed the integrity of what could otherwise have been a good story. I felt like I was slogging through, trying to force myself to finish some of these. Because of that, this anthology felt less successful as a whole than some others I've read.

As is usual with me when I read anthologies, I have a few stories that I loved and that I'll read again, and some I'll be glad to not have to look at again.

I loved: