julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
O Come All Ye Kinky - Sarah Frantz, Kim Dare, Jane Davitt, Joey W. Hill, Katie Porter, Elyan Smith, L.A. Witt, Ava March, Alexa Snow Fascinating and entertaining mix of BDSM-themed holiday short stories. I loved the variety of the collection, that each of the stories was unique and felt different.

My favorites:
Submissive Angel by Joey W. Hill - 5 stars
Even though we only see them on one evening, it was fascinating to get to be in Robert's head and see the way Ange had slowly worn him down and helped Robert learn to trust him enough for the events of that evening to be possible. Plus, the setting is fascinating and left me with some spectacularly beautiful mental pictures.

His Very Last Chance by Kim Dare - 4.5 stars
So sweet to see such a romantic side to BDSM. The characters were both delightful, the setting was gorgeous, and the way poor Drew has himself all worked up for nothing was adorable. Very sweet story.

Tree Topper by Jane Davitt - 4 stars
I don't usually like reading about established relationships in need of repair, but it totally worked for me here. Getting to see Martin and Stan re-establish the communication necessary for a healthy D/s relationship was delightful. As was watching them both be able to return to the roles that made them happiest.

The other stories were good, for the most part, but I didn't connect with them the way I did with those three. Overall, however, a delightful, varied, unique collection. Very fun.