julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Out in the Field - Kate McMurray I loved that this book was about how having the right person in your life can give you courage to make choices and take steps that you might not otherwise have been able to. I loved how real the relationship between Iggy and Matt seemed, that they had real problems and worked through them together. I also loved how supportive and healthy their relationship was, when it could so easily have been otherwise with the need for secrecy and the other challenges they faced.

I'm not usually a fan of age differences, honestly they sometimes make me uncomfortable to the point that I can't enjoy the book. But for some reason the age difference for Iggy and Matt just worked for me. I loved that it also helped Ms. McMurray demonstrate the different attitudes in different generations toward out gay professional baseball players.

I also enjoyed that the bulk of the story focused on Iggy and Matt's relationship, and not on them getting together. The getting together happened surprisingly quickly, and it was refreshing to read a book that focuses on life after the I-love-yous and the commitments.