julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Sword of the King - Megan Derr Without question my favorite of the series so far! Definitely among my favorite books I've read this year.

I'm having such a hard time finding actual words to sum up just how much I loved this. I've adored dragons since I was little, and after the glimpses we got of Nerin and Troyes in Midnight, I was hoping we'd get to see more of the dragons. (And perhaps get some glimpses of what Barra, Nerin and Troyes kept behind closed doors... :P)

Add to that the fact that I totally geek out about anything remotely Arthurian-legend related, and it would have been surprising if I didn't totally love this book.

But it wasn't just that! Blaze was an intriguing, fantastic character that I totally fell in love with right from the start. He and Erie together made me smile, and his guilt over his attraction to Raf just melted me. (Speaking of that attraction... wow! SO hot! That first scene in the kitchen was AMAZING!)

Another of my favorite things (ugh, what about this book WASN'T one of my favorite things...) was that there were so many fun fight scenes, but it never actually FELT violent. Blaze and Erie and all of the other men and their dragons were so confident in their abilities that the fight scenes only ever felt fun and exciting.

The only thing that I wish were different was that I wish we'd seen more of the relationship between Ken and Amr. It started well, I LOVED the set-up for the enemies-to-lovers story for them, but it never seemed to reach its potential, and then suddenly they're working together and sharing powers. I would love to see another book, or even a short, showing more of their lives together.