julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Swimming Swan - Amber Kell, Stephani Hecht This one, while still fun, wasn't as successful a story for me as the first. Petra was my favorite character in that book, and she's virtually absent in this one. The fairy she asks to help Reef and Fisher in her absence is also amusing at times, but nowhere near as fun or adorable. And the sex scene with him in the car driving and then watching just made me uncomfortable

Reef and Fisher are both perfect fairy-tale princes and they're so sweet to each other. But in this instance I didn't feel the insta-love connection, nor did I understand even what the two liked about each other besides their appearances. It was curious that Fisher made Reef defend the reasons Reef had for choosing Fisher, and Reef was able to recall all of the times that he had seen Fisher out on the ocean working on different projects, but Fisher never had to defend why he chose Reef other than that he looked cute talking to the clown fish in the aquarium at the restaurant...

So, still a sweet story with a definite and fantastic fairy-tale air, but the characters didn't interest me as much. I still love this series and will definitely keep reading as the other brothers work to break their curses also.