julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Fairytales Slashed 2 - Megan Derr, Sasha L. Miller I loved the first volume so much I was disappointed to discover how different this volume was. I loved that the first one had a whole bunch of shorter stories, so I was almost not looking forward to only having 4 long ones in this volume. That said, I definitely enjoyed most of the stories.

I LOVED The Huntsman! Cal and Lev were both beautifully written and incredible characters. I loved how the huntsman's relationship to the forest was described. I loved how vividly the background in each of the scenes was portrayed, from the goblin caves to the forest to the castles to the lake, it all was incredibly vivid.

I liked both The Wizard's Tower and Sleeping Beauty. I enjoyed that the same characters were in both and that we got to see more of the relationship between Roark and Cos.

I didn't really like The Beast as much, but that's likely 100% personal taste: I don't like being in the heads of characters who are that spoiled and selfish and awful to people. And I really don't like having to read about them living through horrific violence or having to heal from it afterward.