julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Strength of a Gamma - Kim Dare I only recently heard the acronym BLTB (Better Living Through Bondage), and that applies to this book beautifully. I very nearly changed my mind about reading this when I saw it was on the list "Best Gay Romance with Physically Smaller Tops," because the books I've read on that list have not appealed to me.

I'm so glad I decided to read it anyway! I adored both Steffan and Francis, they were both delightful characters, and I found myself rooting for them right from the start. I loved how well they understood each other, and how they each wanted the best for the other.

I especially loved how as soon as Francis had a chance to explore his feelings for Steffan, that he decided what he wanted and was determined to go about getting it. I loved how he knew Steffan well enough to know what steps to take when and how hard to push to get Steffan to be comfortable exploring things between them.

Very fun read, highly recommended. I look forward to continuing reading the rest of the series.