julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Hounded - Kevin Hearne Okay, so I think I'm in love with a fictional character. I mean, a snarky 2100-year-old druid who lives in Arizona, consorts (sorry, Atticus) with Celtic gods, and can quote both Shakespeare and Star Wars? How could I not be?

Atticus has to be one of the funniest narrators of all time. Although, there were times when the wittiness felt like it was trying too hard and I had to take a break and read a different book for a while, but still, HILARIOUS!

And all the Celtic mythology in the book is so much fun to read when brought to an urban fantasy-type setting. Reading about all of these gods that I grew up reading stories about suddenly hanging out in Tempe with a druid made for one of the most refreshing and enjoyable reading experiences I've had in years!