julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
A Matter of Time Book 1 - Mary Calmes I've been avoiding reading this series for so long and now I'm rather kicking myself. I'm not a huge fan of series that don't even give you a HFN at the end of each book, and even less of series that take four books for the two mc's to actually get together (at least I'm hoping they do, I'm only through the first two books so far).

But who could help just totally falling in love with Jory? He has to be one of the most amazing narrators I've come across. For someone with his background to be as optimistic and hopeful and open and loving as he is is just honestly remarkable. I thoroughly enjoy seeing the world through his eyes and that makes me glad that there are four books in this series: more of Jory to enjoy.

Sam, however, I kindof want to throttle a little bit. But only a little. The way he is when he's with Jory makes me love him too. It's only when he's fighting it that he frustrates me. I do love the two of them together, how they're total opposites who completely complement each other.

I can't quite give this one 5 or even 4.5 stars, though, because as much as I love Jory, I want to see him happy, and that didn't happen enough in this book.