julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Mark of an Alpha - Kim Dare This book turned out to be quite different from what I expected it to be when I started it. We meet Marsdon and Bennett their last night together in the club where they've been meeting anonymously. They've obviously fallen for each other, but are having to go their separate ways for reasons that aren't explained early on. I expected the book to be about them eventually finding each other again.

I was delighted to have my assumptions proven wrong. It made the story seem fresh and kept me interested in what was going to happen. I ended up totally loving Marsdon. I loved how hard he kept trying to help Bennett accept himself and their relationship.

What I didn't love: Bennett freaking out got a little repetitive. I thought the story would have flowed a little better with maybe one less cycle of freaking out and being comforted.

I also was a little disappointed that parts of this reminded me so much of Duck!. I loved that book so much that seeing a lesser version of it reflected in this book made me like this one less.

It was still a delightful book, with characters that I came to care about and for whom I was rooting. I will definitely be continuing this series.