julesmarie

Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
A Thread of Deepest Black - Finn Marlowe 3.5 stars

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I read the first bit and then ended up stopping and reading some other books, including Forever in One Second, by the same author. I'll admit the reason I had to stop was because it was seeming really dark and rather confusing and I wasn't sure what to expect. Reading Forever in One Second convinced me to give this one another chance.

I really wish that the balance thing between shifters and werewolves had been explained a little better before Kilian and Colton's meeting. The decisions they make in that first meeting are monumental, but we don't realize just how much until nearly the end of the book. And their relationship is remarkable, and special and unique, but again, we don't realize just how much until nearly the end of the book. It would have been nice to be able to know that sooner, so it could feel more like I was on the journey WITH them instead of confusedly hoping for more information until I suddenly caught up with them and got it.

That being said, though, when we do finally realize just what these two have accomplished, it is amazing. And hopeful. And inspiring.