julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
No Apologies - Tibby Armstrong This was good! So much better than I'd feared it might be when I read some of the reviews here.

I actually loved the structure of it, how we meet the two men the night of the premiere and then watch along wit them as their pseudo-history unfolds on the screen. And for some reason, maybe the thought that what I was reading was what they were watching, everything was so much more vivid than usual. I loved that!

It may be that I knew to expect it and so wasnt surprised, but I liked that the movie wasnt their real life. It was fun being told later which parts were true--or close to the truth--and which parts were totally made up.

I completely agree with Aaron at the end, that these are things Greg shoul have told him in private, and years ago. And I agree with other reviewers that the ending felt really abrupt. I'm still not convinced these two are going to make it, and I wish there were a little more at the end so I could see them happy. I'm about to start the second book, hopefully I'll find it there... /crossfingers.