julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Handsome Prince - Neil Plakcy, J.L. Merrow, Josephine Myles, Heidi Champa, Rob Rosen, S.A. Garcia, Janine Ashbless, Michael Bracken, Red Morgan, Jay Starre, Aaron Michaels, Bonnie Dee, Gregory Norris, Fox  Lee An anthology of short m/m erotica all centered on a "prince" theme. I anticipated that this would be more fairy-tale like than it turned out to be. Mostly, I think, because I wasn't aware it was erotica and not romance. It's hard to pull off a fairy tale when you've got so few words to use and have to try to fit a sex scene in as well.

There were a few stories that seemed more successful to me than others. "The Frog Prince," "The Prince of Eisengraf," and "The Virgin Prince and the Rebel Thief" were my favorites of the collection, and probably would have gotten 3.5-4 stars if I were rating them separately.

Some other stories, however, made me uncomfortable enough that I couldn't finish them, so I have to give the anthology as a whole 2 stars.