julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Catch Me If You Can - L.B. Gregg This was both more and less fun to read than I had anticipated, so I'm having a hard time deciding on a star rating for it.

I hadn't anticipated that I would like Caesar and Dan so much. Caesar cracked me up over and over with the calm way he reacted to all of the crazy people in his life. And then with the way he'd flip out over what seemed like a relatively small thing. And Dan was both the perfect foil and the perfect catalyst for Caesar's reactions. The two of them together just made me smile (while hoping that neither one turns out to be an ass, like I've seen too often in this genre).

I also hadn't anticipated so many hilarious and well-drawn side characters. It's a good thing Caesar and Dan were both awesome and even more amazing together, or the rest of the ensemble might have stolen the show. The whole scene where they've all followed Caesar to Brandon's house and they're all hiding in different places in the house as the next one shows up was great fun!

That said, however, I did get to the point where it seemed like there was just TOO MUCH happening. I started having a hard time remembering who was who and who was being blackmailed for what and why. The whole story line with Caesar's boss seemed almost like an afterthought after the initial phone call with him. And having the boss be out of town for the whole book... idk, it just seemed like a convenient way of dealing with a character that didn't fit in with the rest, so the question I'm left with is why that character was there in the first place.

Overall, a fun book with delightful main characters and an amusing cast of side characters. I'll definitely read the next books in the series.