julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Hard Tail - J.L. Merrow A fabulously entertaining book! Hilarious and heartwarming, sweet and silly and so much fun to read. The characters all seemed not only like real people, but like people that I would like to be friends with. They all had their issues and their own stuff to deal with, but they were all happy and loving and forgiving. It made the whole vibe of the book come off as a nice, warm, literary hug, and I loved it!

I really did love all of the secondary characters (even Adam ended up winning me over in the end, which I didn't expect), but my favorite scenes were the ones with just Tim and Matt. Now, that might seem like a given, considering this is a romance, after all. But it's not. There are many other books where I've liked the secondary characters more than the MC's. Or at least liked the way the MC's act more when there's another with them. But right from the first scene when Matt falls into the shop, I loved every second of him and Tim together. I adored how slowly their relationship built, but that all along you could just feel how attracted they were to each other and how they were both falling for each other. And I loved that they both tried so hard to be clueless about how the other felt, it was adorable.

A beautiful, warm, comforting book. I'm sure I'll be re-reading it many times.