julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Twisted Rose - Amber Kell This book was just silly. Neither of the main characters was ever believable for even one moment, and the way the whole serial killer thing was handled just baffles me. It seemed like the serial killer idea was used solely to get Ian into Daniel's apartment so that the relationship had an excuse to happen. Granted, I only know about the investigation of serial murders from tv and books, but it seemed a little unbelievable that they would only have one pair of detectives assigned to the case, that they'd bring in someone from vice to be a "bodyguard," and that the supposed target of all of the killings would be allowed to travel around freely without any protection.

I do have to give Ms. Kell props that the extra little twist at the end surprised me. I'd read other reviews that said that the murderer was who they'd known it was all along, so I figured I had all figured out too. That extra bit was a delightful surprise.

I also enjoyed this enough (once I was able to completely dissociate who these men were "supposed" to be with who they acted like) that I was able to finish it with a smile, so it gets 2 stars. I'll likely not read it again.