julesmarie

Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Discipline - Chris Owen, Jodi Payne 3.5 stars

This one was good, and it was delightful to get to see the relationship between Tobias and Noah deepen even further, but for some reason this one didn't hold my attention like the first two. I ended up skimming a lot of the sex scenes (and there were a LOT).

Phantom just breaks my heart. He's an amazingly well crafted character. It was fun watching him and Noah become closer, but it killed me to see how much Phan needs someone and how much Tobias wants to help but can't, and how much noah wants to help, but doesn't know how yet--or what either of them would be comfortable allowing.

The cage scene was beautiful. I was a little let down at first, since it seemed like there hadn't been much lead-up to it , and it seemed to go so smoothly it was over so soon. But the more I think about it, the more I see that perhaps that was the point. It was able to go so smoothly and be over so quickly because of the strength of the trust that Noah had in Tobias. It was just another beautiful testament to the depth of their relationship.

The other thing I liked about this was Noah finally topping. It's interesting that he may never have gotten there without Phan encouraging him. The change of dynamic in those scenes was beautiful.