julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Telling (The Telling, #1) - Eden Winters I've had this in my tbr shelf for months now, and I figured that the 4th of July week was a great time to read about soldiers. I'm glad I finally read this one, because I enjoyed it much more than I thought I might.

Yes, Jay is a little TOO perfect, but I came to like Michael enough that I was glad he had someone like Jay. Actually, I think that's probably my favorite thing about this story: I genuinely like most of the characters.

Michael's issues were written about in a way that made them real and believable, and made him sympathetic as a character without making him seem too needy or weak (despite what he himself thinks...). I enjoyed watching him learn to deal with all of those issues, and it made me glad that he had such an amazing support system in his family and Jay and his counselor.

Very sweet, hopeful story.

3.5 stars, rounded up for being free.