julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Gambling Men: The Novel - Amy Lane The best way to sum up this book is to share a quote that Quent used to describe his relationship with Jace: "Their time together had been punctuated by small lessons where Jace used sex and poker to communicate, and Quentin followed wherever he led--and showed him that love was not limited to lessons about sex and poker."

And that's about all that happens.

Jace and Quent don't talk unless it's about poker, even typically only talking about their relationship with poker metaphors. It was interesting to see these two become closer and learn to understand each other, but I didn't really identify with either of them, and I didn't like Jace.

It was also an interesting take on the friends-to-lovers trope, as these friends became lovers so early in the book. So I'd almost describe this rather as friends-to-lovers-to-partners.

So, overall, it was good but not what I'd hoped for from an Amy Lane gfy-friends-to-lovers. I may, however, never again be able to play a game of Go Fish without blushing... :P I'd almost say the book was worth reading just for that scene alone.