julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Beyond Duty (Short story) - SJD Peterson Adorable! I would never have anticipated using that adjective to describe a story about the men in the picture prompt, but this story was honestly adorable, and so, so sweet (um, and also HOT! whew!).

I loved both of the characters, and would love to have gotten to know them better, but what I was given was enough for me to genuinely like them and be rooting for them. Gunny's voice was perfect and I was incredibly impressed at how the author was able to make him believable both as a big, tough soldier and as a man in need of reassurance from his lover.

I was also very impressed at how, in such a short story, the author was able to not only have Gunny tell us how perfect Mac was for him, but to show it to us so clearly also--more than once.

I will definitely be checking out more of this author's work!