julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Chase in Shadow - Amy Lane When the prologue ends with the MC taking a razor to his wrist after arriving home from a date with his girlfriend during which he sneaked off to the bathroom to let his gay lover fuck him, and the next chapter starts "One Year Earlier..." I've gotta say "ugh," and "oh, hell no."

Just to make sure this really was the book that's consistently been in the top 5 on the best m/m books of 2012 list and that I didn't end up confused somehow, I decided to read the end and see if it would be worth it.

I ended up skipping forward near the end right into preparations for a Thanksgiving dinner. Apparently MC and gay lover are openly together now, which was a plus in the "worth-it" column, so I kept reading. To find out that apparently MC got ex-girlfriend pregnant and now he and lover are going to adopt it! NOOOOO!

What the fuck is up with all of the babies in m/m lately?! Seriously, either I've just been choosing very poorly lately, or things have been going wrong somewhere. There needs to be a "stupid baby plotline included" warning from publishers so I can know in advance to stay the hell away and not waste my money!