julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Campus Visit - Stella Huerto I definitely enjoyed this one. Both of the main characters were well drawn and believable. And the side characters were also very well fleshed out.

I enjoyed the unique approach to the friends-to-lovers theme, it definitely felt fresh and interesting. I was a little afraid after the blurb that the relationship would be all about the sex. But even at the beginning when that is supposedly the focus of this new phase of their relationship, their feelings were obvious.

I liked that the sister redeemed herself for me by the end. She'd been frustrating me so much throughout the whole book, I definitely appreciated that she provided the way out at the end.

I also really liked that Damian's family never came across as flat or stereotyped in spite of them having such great stereotype potential. They seemed realistic and believable--and by the end, the mom even seemed sympathetic.

And I appreciated that Alex didn't give up his dreams to stay home and be with Damian. I liked that he knew that that wasn't the solution they needed and set Damian the example of standing up for your own interests.

Very enjoyable read, with enjoyable characters and a fresh plot.