julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Back Stairs - K.C. Kendricks This was great fun. I was a little nervous after reading multiple reviews that said that if they'd known what the book was REALLY about they probably wouldn't have picked it up. I was too intrigued by the premise to let that deter me, however, and I just went in with an open mind.

And once I found out what the book was REALLY about, I was still intrigued--enough that I've purchased the other two books and am excited to read more about these two and this world.

I think it's the characters that hooked me. I really liked Fallon--right from the beginning I felt like I could understand him and where he was coming from. It was delightful to get to experience the events and watch them unfold through his eyes. I think perhaps his reluctance to accept what was happening actually made it easier for me to accept it.

And I was fascinated by the new approach to shifter lore. It's been a while since a shifter book surprised me, but this one definitely did.

A fun book, with a fascinating mythology and interesting characters that I can't wait to learn more about.