julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
The Long Way Home - Z.A. Maxfield So, I initially read this when it was only available in pdf, and TOTALLY loved it. The story has so many elements I enjoy: psychics, mysteries, gfy/ofy, cops, untrusting men put in situations where they're forced to trust. LOVED it! It's been rated at 5 stars ever since.

Unfortunately, I just read the supposedly-re-edited and new-and-improved version.... and I have to say I'm disappointed. Not only do I not think it really got changed much (if at all), but it seems like the upgrading process actually created MORE editing issues. I don't remember seeing many errors when I initially read it, but they abounded in this one. I'm wondering if the book was just somehow transferred into ebook format and never actually edited. There were words missing from sentences, sentences that just ended, pretty serious errors that pulled me out of the story.

The story was just as amazing and entertaining as it was the first time. Yes, the mystery is simple and easy to spot, but it's the journey that Kevin and Connor take together that is my favorite part. They both start out so wary and defensive and gradually learn to trust each other--it's beautiful and was still delightful to read even the second time through.

The editing issues in this new edition were significant enough, however, that I'm going to have to knock a star off--which I don't like doing, and try not to do. But if the editing issues are enough to pull me out of the story and therefore reduce my enjoyment of it, I can't help but let my rating reflect that.

Still an amazing book, fun characters and entertaining story. I'm very glad I have it now as an ebook, I just wish it had been edited a little better.