julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Diva and the Frat Boy - Daisy Harris So, I totally adored the first book in this series, and was delighted to find out how many books had been added to it since I'd last checked. This book was very nearly as fun as the first one, which is high praise indeed!

I enjoyed what we got to see of Nathaniel in the first book--he seemed so confident and sure of himself as he provided the almost-stereotypical gay-diva comic relief. I LOVED that we got to see beneath the surface of that persona in this book. Nathaniel's vulnerability and his ultimate acceptance of himself and his circumstances made him one of my favorite characters I've met recently.

This is only my second of Ms. Harris's books, but I'm impressed by the depth and realness she's able to give her characters--without making the story seem heavy.

There only thing I didn't like so much was how Greg treated Nathaniel in the coffee shop, and that he never actually apologized. For Greg to try to change Nathaniel just so grumpy homophobe guy wouldn't be uncomfortable made ME feel betrayed. And as glad as I was that they got back together, and that Greg ultimately recognized and accepted that that's just how Nathaniel is, I didn't buy the revenge sex as an apology. It seemed like a terrible way for Nathaniel to get to top for the first time, and also seemed to make Greg feel like an actual apology wasn't necessary.

Since that's honestly the only thing I didn't love about the book, and I just totally ADORED Nathaniel, I have to rate this 4 stars. Great good fun, and I can't wait to continue the series!