julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Straight Till London - Penelope Rivers I think I had such high hopes for this that it was almost inevitable I be let down.

From the blurb, this sounded like it had so many elements I love: gfy, rockers, suit-and-tie guy loosening up as he falls in love. And I suppose all of those elements were there, they were just not handled very well.

Much as it pains me to say it, my strongest emotion at the end of this book was annoyance. I felt like I'd just read about a bunch of high school kids what with all of the refusing to talk to each other about anything and the girl running back and forth carrying messages between the two so they don't actually have to talk.

And the romance itself wasn't really believable either. London and Gabriel are practically strangers still (except for the one time they went running, I guess) and yet supposedly-straight-Gabriel gets totally jealous over London's ex coming to town. Because Gabriel is apparently falling for London, because of the way London looks at him....

And then London and Gabriel still don't really speak to each other between more misunderstandings until the final love confession at the end.

Yeah, so, lots of potential. Not very well realized.