julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Living Words - Sasha L. Miller This was a cute story. It would have been even better if it were maybe 1/3 as long, and left out some of the day-to-day duties of being a mage. I got so bored in the middle bits that if it weren't a lazy Saturday with nothing better to do, I might very well have given up.

Also, unlike some reviewers, I did see the 3-way ending coming, but only from the one time that Macati caught himself looking at Tlory and thinking he was pretty. That was pretty much it as far as the development of that relationship went. Which made me sad.

It was also very curious to have a book about a M/M/M relationship in which we only get to be in the heads of two of the men. I got to feel Guylian's confusion as he found himself attracted to two men, and I got to understand Macati's reluctance to begin a relationship with his apprentice, but Tlory was a mystery. And with as slow as the middle was, the end really was sudden. And even with the epilogue, I find myself very unconvinced that even the HFN that these men have arranged will last very long.