julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Safe Harbor - Laylah Hunter This was sweet, but too short for me to really appreciate it the way I'd hoped to. There wasn't really time to get to know either of the characters, plus there was quite a bit of confusion as to setting. It seemed historical with the candles and all, but Blake mentions having been with other men on several occasions in the past. Unless sailors in the 1800's or whenever this is set were much more open-minded than their landlocked counterparts, that bit was difficult for me to believe.

Also, not having seen the years of pain and sadness and loneliness that Blake tells us he's gone through, the whole story seems a little too good to be true. Which, I know, is a silly thing to say about a Christmas romance story... but there you go.

Still a sweet story, just very odd.