julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Language Lessons - Jay Bell Such a sweet story! Joey was a delightfully unique character, and getting to watch his progression was so fun. When the story started, he seemed much older than 16, and I liked that he relaxed and was able to start acting his age by the end.

I was a little worried there for a bit when he was out with Scott that he was going to be a selfish ass. I loved that that became his turning point instead.

Watching him begin to focus more on others and less on sex first as he helps Brad and Scott reconnect and then as he tries to woo Philip was heartwarming and fun. I honestly laughed out loud when Philip turns him down that first night and Joey blames it on his choice of shirt. Cracked me up how shallow he was. But at least he didn't stay that way.

Some Favorite Quotes:

"Without Scott, I just sit around wasting my life. But when we're together, all of a sudden every minute feels too important to waste, so I try to be the best person I can for him."

"Are you my boyfriend?" Philip murmured sleepily.
Joey thought of all the hot guys out there, all the conquests he would miss out on if he said yes. There was no contest. He would rather talk to Philip, experience that feeling of pride every time he made him laugh, hold his delicate hand through movies and keep him warm at night. There wasn't anything a casual encounter could offer that could compare to these fantasies of being comfortable with someone.
"Yeah," he answered. "I'm yours."