julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Cut & Run - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban Reading [b:Stars & Stripes|14061520|Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)|Abigail Roux|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1337556996s/14061520.jpg|19698922] made me wish I had the time to go back and re-read the whole series just to get to see again how far these two have come.

Hooray for summer break, because now I get to go back and re-read the whole series before [b:Touch & Geaux|16159276|Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #7)|Abigail Roux|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1353342638s/16159276.jpg|22000005].

This is the fourth time I've read this book now, and I have to say I've loved it even more each time--which in itself speaks to how fantastic this story is.

I love that the relationship is the main focus of the story. And what a beginning to a relationship! It comes as no surprise that Ty and Zane are consistently voted among the favorite m/m couples of all time. These two are just breathtaking together. I think they're unique among all characters I've yet met in being simultaneously tough and vulnerable, badass and adorable, and just so spectacularly perfect for each other. The "are you feeling this too?" line has to be among my all-time favorites. Especially coming out of these intensely closed-off tough guys. And the way they take turns being the strong, brave, vulnerable one is just so beautiful.

And the chemistry these two have! Whew! Incredible!

Another thing I love is that even knowing the bad guy didn't make the mystery part any less entertaining. Tying in the whole Poe thing actually added to the fun of re-reading as I got to try to place each of the murders as I went through. And knowing who the murderer was actually made it MORE creepy this last time through, reading about all of their interactions with him.

One of my favorite m/m stories of all time. Definitely one of my favorite couples of all time.

Favorite Quotes:
"Sounds like you've got your own anger issues."
"Only when I'm pissed off," Ty answered with a forced smirk.

Zane was starting to piss him off again. Which was good, he supposed. It meant the urge to lick him all over was passing, at least.