julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Last First Kiss - Piper Vaughn This was touching. I found myself really feeling for poor Philip and what his aunt put him through. I found myself very glad that he had someone like Ryan in his life to understand him and why he did some of the things he did.

The thing that made the story not work so well for me (at least in the beginning, it did get much better after about 1/2 way) was Ryan. He'd never had a serious relationship because he'd been in love with his straight best friend. The friend who chose a college far away on purpose during Ryan's senior year of high school. The friend Ryan followed to college so he could be close again. It just made Ryan come across as pathetic to have given up so much of his life for a relationship that wasn't possible. As I said, though, after Ryan goes back and confronts Philip and Philip admits he loves Ryan, too, Ryan did seem much less pathetic. Not quite enough to make up for the first bit, though...