julesmarie

The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Shakespeare After All
Marjorie Garber
Sophie the Snoop - Lara Bergen, Laura Tallardy Very cute installment in Sophie's quest to find a descriptor. I like that the last few books have been focusing more on Sophie's relationships with the people in her life. The fight with Kate, the jealousy of Mindy, and the unpredictability of her older sister are all realistic. And reading about how Sophie deals with these things could very well help some of my students who deal with similar issues.

The interpersonal issues here are that Sophie has to deal with a substitute teacher, and questions are raised about the current state of her enmity with Toby. I think the way we're told that Sophie and Toby used to be friends and that Sophie can't help hoping her Toby's in there still somewhere deep down is sweet and adorable. And so, so true. A fun book.